Ben-Gvir attacks ICC, vows to escalate after report of possible arrest warrant

Far-right Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir attacked the International Criminal Court and vowed to continue escalating against Palestinians after reports that the court is considering issuing an international arrest warrant against him. "I am not afraid and not deterred," he said.
Far-right Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir attacked the International Criminal Court late Monday and vowed to continue escalating against Palestinians after reports said the court is considering issuing an international arrest warrant against him. Earlier Monday, British news site Middle East Eye reported that a request had been submitted to the court seeking sealed arrest warrants for Ben-Gvir and Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.
Ben-Gvir's response
"I am not afraid and not deterred. No order from The Hague will deter me from continuing to lead an offensive policy against terrorists," Ben-Gvir said in a statement. "I'm sorry to disappoint those 'justice seekers,' I won't apologize, I won't blink, and I won't stop," he added.
Background on Ben-Gvir
Palestinian and international rights groups have increasingly called for an arrest warrant against Ben-Gvir, citing his repeated inciting remarks against Palestinian prisoners and his push for legislation to execute prisoners. During Israel's war in Gaza, Ben-Gvir repeatedly incited violence against Palestinians and endorsed calls for their forced displacement.
Advertisement
Previous ICC warrants
In November 2024, the International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza. The ICC has jurisdiction over war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in the occupied Palestinian territories.
Gaza and West Bank toll
Israel's war on Gaza since October 2023 has killed more than 72,000 Palestinians. In the occupied West Bank, Israeli attacks have killed 1,162 Palestinians and led to nearly 23,000 arrests.
Comments you share on our site are a valuable resource for other users. Please be respectful of different opinions and other users. Avoid using rude, aggressive, derogatory, or discriminatory language.