Eight Palestinians injured in West Bank amid Israeli settler attacks
23:40, 18/08/2026, TuesdayU: Update: 00:05, 19/08/2026, Wednesday
AA

AA
Israeli military personnel restrict the movement of local Palestinians during a raid by Israeli settlers in the Old City of Hebron, located in the southern West Bank, Palestine on August 15, 2026. Escorted by armed Israeli forces, the settlers entered the historic district while soldiers blocked key entry and exit points, severely limiting the daily mobility and access of Palestinian residents living in the area.Six Palestinians were beaten by Israeli occupiers in the Nablus governorate while two others including a child sustained gunshot wounds during a military raid near Ramallah, bringing Tuesday's injury toll to eight amid escalating violence and settlement expansion in the occupied territory.
Six Palestinians ranging in age from 24 to 65 were injured Tuesday after being beaten by Israeli occupiers in the town of Beit Imrin in the occupied West Bank's Nablus governorate, according to the Palestinian Red Crescent. The organization said all six had been detained two days earlier by Israeli forces and were handed over to settlers who assaulted them before they were released to a local hospital for treatment. Witnesses told Anadolu that Israeli forces had initially detained 11 Palestinians following clashes between Jewish occupiers and local residents, handcuffing them before transferring them to the settlers.
Israeli soldiers warned local residents not to stand up to the occupiers “no matter what they do,” the witnesses said, adding that Anadolu has yet to obtain a response from the Israeli army regarding the claims. The detainees were released Tuesday morning after the beatings and several were taken to local hospitals to receive treatment for various injuries.
Raid on Al-Amari camp
Two Palestinians including a child were injured Tuesday during an Israeli military raid on the Al-Amari refugee camp south of Ramallah in the central occupied West Bank, Palestinian authorities said. The Palestinian Health Ministry stated that one man was admitted to the operating room at Palestine Medical Complex with a critical gunshot wound to the abdomen while the Palestinian Red Crescent transported a child to hospital after he was shot in the foot with live ammunition. Palestine TV reported that Israeli forces stormed the camp and opened fire indiscriminately.
Videos circulated on social media showed soldiers leaving military vehicles and deploying through the camp's narrow streets. Earlier this month, the UN warned that violence by occupiers had reached unprecedented levels, reporting more than 1,430 attacks on Palestinians and their property since the start of 2026. Palestinians say the Israeli attacks are aimed at displacing them and taking control of their land and property as a prelude to annexing the West Bank.
Comments you share on our site are a valuable resource for other users. Please be respectful of different opinions and other users. Avoid using rude, aggressive, derogatory, or discriminatory language.