Yemen's Houthis claim drone strike on Saudi Aramco refinery
16:07, 18/08/2026, TuesdayU: Update: 16:29, 18/08/2026, Tuesday
AA

AA
File photoYemen's Houthi group said Tuesday it targeted a Saudi Aramco refinery in the kingdom's southwestern Jizan region with several drones, claiming the operation was conducted in retaliation for what it described as violations of Yemeni airspace over the northern provinces of Saada and Hajjah.
Yemen's Houthi group on Tuesday claimed responsibility for a drone attack targeting a Saudi Aramco refinery in the kingdom's southwestern Jizan region, saying the operation was conducted in response to what the group described as "violations of Yemeni airspace" over the northern provinces of Saada and Hajjah.
A military source from the group told the Houthi-run Saba news agency that several drones were used in the strike. The source claimed the projectiles accurately hit the refinery, though no details were provided regarding damage or casualties.
Saudi silence
Saudi authorities had not issued an immediate comment on the Houthi claim as of Tuesday evening. The kingdom maintains extensive air defense systems and has previously reported intercepting numerous Houthi drone and missile attacks targeting civilian and energy infrastructure.
Regional tensions
The Jizan refinery lies near the Yemen-Saudi border and has faced repeated attacks since the conflict began. Riyadh leads a military coalition that intervened in Yemen's civil war in 2015 following the Houthis' seizure of the capital Sanaa.
Comments you share on our site are a valuable resource for other users. Please be respectful of different opinions and other users. Avoid using rude, aggressive, derogatory, or discriminatory language.