Hind Rajab Foundation rejects Israeli probe into girl's killing

Yenişafak English AA
00:45, 20/08/2026, ThursdayU: Update: 00:48, 20/08/2026, Thursday
AA
Hind Rajab Foundation rejects Israeli probe into girl's killing
AA
File Photo

The Hind Rajab Foundation said it has "no confidence" in the Israeli army's reported decision to launch a criminal investigation into the 2024 killing of five-year-old Hind Rajab and six relatives in Gaza, condemning the move as a masquerade to deflect accountability.

The Hind Rajab Foundation on Wednesday said it has "no confidence" in the Israeli army's reported decision to launch a criminal investigation into the 2024 killing of five-year-old Hind Rajab and six of her relatives in Gaza City.

'Masquerade' to deflect accountability

In a social media post, the organization described the planned investigation as "little more than a masquerade meant to deflect accountability and preserve its impunity." The foundation has repeatedly dismissed Israeli military probes as inadequate, calling instead for independent international inquiries into alleged war crimes.

The 2024 killing

Hind Rajab was trapped inside her family's vehicle in 2024 after it came under Israeli fire in Gaza City, remaining stranded for nearly two weeks before rescue teams could reach the scene. The five-year-old was later found dead alongside six relatives who had been traveling with her, while two Palestinian medics dispatched to retrieve the child were also discovered killed nearby.

More than 73,000 Palestinians have been killed in the Gaza Strip since Israel launched its war on the coastal enclave in October 2023, according to local health authorities. Thousands of children are among the dead, with rights groups documenting repeated attacks on civilian infrastructure across the territory.

Comments
Avatar

Comments you share on our site are a valuable resource for other users. Please be respectful of different opinions and other users. Avoid using rude, aggressive, derogatory, or discriminatory language.

Page End
Turkey's Accumulation. International Media Group.

Welcome to the news source that sets Turkey's agenda! With its impartial, dynamic, and in-depth journalism, Yeni Şafak offers its readers an experience beyond current events. Get instant updates on what's happening in Turkey and worldwide, with news spanning a wide range from politics and economy to culture, arts, and sports. Access the most accurate information anytime, anywhere with its digital platforms; keep up with the agenda with Yeni Şafak!

Follow us on social media.
Download Mobile Apps

Carry the agenda in your pocket! With Yeni Şafak's mobile apps, get instant access to the latest news. A wide range of content, from politics to economy, sports to culture and arts, is at your fingertips! Easily download it on your iOS, Android, and Huawei devices to quickly access the most accurate information anytime, anywhere. Download now, don't miss out on developments around the world!

Categories
Albayrak Media

Maltepe Mah. Fetih Cad. No:6 34010 Zeytinburnu/İstanbul, Türkiyeiletisim@yenisafak.com+90 212 467 6515

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

The BIST name and logo are protected under a 'Protection Trademark Certificate' and cannot be used, quoted, or modified without permission. All information disclosed under the BIST name is fully copyrighted by BIST and may not be republished. Market data is provided by iDealdata Financial Technologies Inc. BIST stock data is delayed by 15 minutes.

© Net Medya, All right reserved. 2026